In the K-Center "Feed and Food Quality Safety and Innovation" (FFoQSI) scientific and strategic innovations are developed to make food and food production better, safer and more sustainable.
K-Center Feed and Food Quality Safety and Innovation
Facts and Figures
- Funding program: COMET (administered by FFG)
- Sponsors: Governments of Austria (BMDW, BMVIT); Federal State of Vienna, Upper Austria & Lower Austria
- Project structure: 3 Areas
- Project website: www.ffoqsi.at
In the Competence Center FFoQSI more than 30 companies from several countries and positions along the feed-food value chain work together with six research partners.
The Research Programme of the competence center FFoQSI is divided in three Areas:
- Area 1 -The green value chain:
Development of scientific innovations for plant derived feed and food
- Area 2 - The red value chain:
Development of scientific innovations for animal derived food
- Area 3 - Blue sky innovations:
Strategic research innovation platform for development of advanced technologies
The strategic research is focused on basic research and - based on the results - development of advanced and universally applicable technologies for improved and quicker controls of hygiene, quality and authenticity along the value chains of plant- and amnimal derived feed and food of areas 1 and 2.